Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thistle, Grandpa and Grandma


My Grandfather use to grow thistles and sold them at the local florist. They were not these wild ones, they were a more dark purple and not sooo prickly. Usually these are cut down or sometimes can be seen along the side of the road. I have an are of garden one plan has gotten away and grown high, about four feet high. I find the flower absolutely fascinating. Look of the intricacies and the magnificent detail. In such a thing as a wild flower you can see, and just can't deny a creator. I just had to clip a couple and bring them inside to enjoy the beauty. There's something delightful that occurs with a few flowers around the house, wild flowers are even better. Lord, these are so beautiful, your creations leave me in awe. Thank you for giving us a simple taste of your love and splendor.

No comments: